Thursday, August 25, 2005

Dredd Zeppelin - Tahoe City, California - September 12, 1993

I know that this show was in North Lake Tahoe – I am pretty sure it was Tahoe City. I think the venue might have been Humpty’s – but if that is right, one of my older posts is wrong, so I am going to leave this one ambiguous.

I must say that early September in Nevada (and Lake Tahoe) is probably my favorite time of year. It just starts to cool down a bit at night, and the fall scent in the air is crisp and fabulous. I probably remember this night more due to the smell than anything else.

This was my first solo concert with PCH, the first of many. I think I thought it was kind of a date. I am not sure what he thought it was. He might let you know though, or maybe I will get another spam comment. What is that about?

Anyway, Dredd Zeppelin is a very interesting band, to say the least. They consist of a lead Elvis impersonator – Tortelvis (sp?) and some other folk, including a guy who sometimes plays in just his underwear. As their name suggests, their primary gig is covers of Led Zeppelin songs, with Elvis-like vocals. If you haven’t heard them, I guess you can imagine what they might sound like.

Tortelvis himself is quite a sexy character. He dresses not as young sexy Elvis, but rather as fat Vegas Elvis, with the overdone white outfits with big bell bottom pants. He has a nice Elvis boufont hair do, but since he doesn’t have his own Abes, he fashions sideburns out of what looked like black electrical tape.

There was a pretty small crowd at the show, so we were able to get up pretty close. I am very pleased to say that I was among a few who got to touch Tortelvis’ big belt.

1 comment:

Our Man Horn said...

What do you mean by "spam" comment? Are people spamming you?