Saturday, August 11, 2007

Tears for Fears - 4th and B, San Diego, Californina - May 10, 1996

This was the first more serious show we saw at the 4th and B, after the Flash Xmas concert. They started to book a lot of really good 80s and early 90s bands and it was good to have it so close by.

I do not remember too much about the show itself, except I have a memory of walking up the stairs to find our seats and I remember it being much better than the first time I had seen them in San Jose. I think by this time Roland Orzabal was much more comfortable on stage and certainly not as bitter as the time he belted out Radiohead’s Creep as his only encore.

I think a lot of people may think of Tears for Fears as a one-hit-wonder band from the 80s but they are still really quite good. The songwriting and the music has deepened and I am always pleasantly surprised to find a new release when I least expect it.

No comments: