Saturday, December 15, 2007

The Creatures (with John Cale) - 4th and B, San Diego, California - July 12, 1998

Looking at my concert list it turns out that the Creatures was the last show I ever saw in San Diego. I moved to East Lansing to go to graduate school at Michigan State in August of 1998 and this was probably a few weeks before we packed up and drove cross-country.

The Creatures are Siouxsie Sioux and Budgie, originally of Siouxie and the Banshees. They started off as a side project but after the band broke up in 1996 they became the full time effort. I guess this explains why they were touring in 1998. I always enjoyed listening to Siouxie, both with and without the rest of the band, but I have to say I didn’t get into the Creatures all that much specifically. If you had to ask me to name any of their songs I would struggle.

Considering how many shows that I saw at the 4th and B and how much I enjoyed it, it is a pity I don’t have more memories of this last time I was there.

Looks like Siouxsie is on her own and on tour again, in the US and in the UK. Her website is really, really, annoying thought.

No comments: