Friday, October 15, 2004

Circle Jerks - Reno, NV - June 24, 1988


The only reason this concert gets posted is because I still have the ticket. It’s a pretty simple ticket – just printed on yellow cardstock – no fancy promoters were involved apparently. I have absolutely no recollection of this show. I must have either been really drunk or it was just utterly forgettable.

But then again, hardcore punk was not really ever my thing. I had some Dead Kennedys tapes I copied from my friend DA and I liked some suicidal tendencies songs and Seven Seconds version of 99 Luft Balloons, but that was about it. Had I lived in San Francisco at the time, I might have voted for Jello Biafra for mayor. Heck, if he was running now, I’d probably vote for him for president. But that was about the extent of my hardcore existence. I’m not sure the Sex Pistols really fit into that category.

No comments: