Saturday, September 10, 2005

Depeche Mode (with The The) - Arco Arena, Sacramento, California - November 14, 1993

This was my first time to see Depeche Mode in a seated environment, in Sacramento’s Arco Arena. I guess it wasn’t exactly the time of year to have a concert outdoors at Cal Expo.

I don’t remember anything special about us buying tickets for this show – I am not sure if I bought them or PCH did. I think we just bought them at the Wherehouse, the typical Reno ticketbastard outlet. We certainly didn’t line up on the day of sale or anything. But, for some reason, we got really nice seats.

We didn’t even realize how good our tickets were until we were on our way to Sacramento that day to see the show. We saw some other people going to the same show in another car on the freeway. I am not sure how it started, but we started writing signs and holding them up to each other as we drove to communicate.

At one point, we were exchanging details about where we were sitting, and after I held up the note that said where our seats were, the girls in the other car gave us a crazy look, then one of them held up a sign that said: “who did you sleep with to get those seats.”

Turns out we were on the floor in Row C. And we didn’t have to sleep with anyone to get there.

The The opened, and this time they got through their whole set. They were quite good, I often forget about them but they are a pretty great band really. I might even like their cowboy stuff now. Unfortunately nothing comes up on iTunes.

Depeche Mode were fabulous as usual. Nothing else unusual to report.

No comments: