Saturday, September 24, 2005

They Might be Giants (with Frente) - Stanford, Palo Alto, California - May 15, 1994

This was another really great They Might be Giants show at a great venue. After we went to see them at Stanford I found myself wishing I had known about more shows there.

I seem to remember we got a bit lost trying to find the campus. Palo Alto is a strange place actually, if you make the wrong turn on the freeway you go from really beautiful ritzy homes and fancy shops to murder central. For some reason I always remember the news story about someone who stopped at a gas station to ask for help in East Palo Alto and was murdered within minutes. Ok, it is not that bad.

The regular part of Palo Alto is really quite nice. The McDonalds there carried cappuccino. I am not sure I have ever seen that again until I went to a test market Mc Café in Raleigh last year.

Frente opened the show. As far as I know, the only thing they ever did was a great cover of New Order’s Bizarre Love Triangle. I vaguely remember that during the show.

I also remember some crazy dancing people there, were obviously having a very good time, looking stoned out of their minds.

TMBG put on a great show as usual, and we had a great time dancing, people-watching and enjoying the bay area sunshine.

No comments: