Tuesday, September 18, 2007

The Cure - Irvine Meadows Amphitheatre, Irvine, California - August 17, 1996

Here is another concert I don’t really remember all that well. I think this is the only concert I ever saw in Irvine, which is interesting since it was so close to San Diego. I guess most major acts did tend to come through San Diego though so I am not sure why the Cure skipped San Diego on this tour.

By this time Robert Smith was certainly getting older and larger. But I still remember having a good time and it being a nice, warm summer evening in Orange County.

1 comment:

Our Man Horn said...

We'd spent a fair chunk of the day driving around Los Angeles and were pretty frayed. "Just Like Heaven" was the standout, punctuated with lightning-like light effects. We were in seats right by the lawn and I brought binoculars.