Wednesday, September 26, 2007

The Fixx - 4th and B, San Diego, California, November 23, 1996

I remember when we heard the Fixx were coming to San Diego we had quite a laugh about it. We imagined they would be crotchety old men on stage doing their funny hand motions from their 80s videos. When I looked them up on the web I discovered that not only are they still touring, more than 10 years after this concert, but they even have a myspace site.

Reach the Beach was one of the essential ‘new wave’ albums from my teens and certainly made an impression on me, although I am not sure I ever actually owned it. I might have copied it from someone. The Fixx were always one of those bands I listened to and liked on the radio or MTV but never really got my attention beyond that.

Again I don’t remember too much about the concert – but like most events at 4th and B it was fun and we were able to get pretty close to the band. Always a decent way to spend an evening in San Diego.

No comments: