Thursday, September 27, 2007

They Might be Giants - 4th and B, San Diego, California - November 24, 1996

Interesting that I don't remember it this way, but evidently we saw the Fixx and They Might Be Giants back to back in November 1996. The tickets don't lie though!

I had to go back and double check my list of shows because I didn’t believe it. This was the last time I saw TMBG in concert – more than 10 years ago. Considering it was also the fifth time I am surprised I have not made it to another show since. I looked them up and they are now touring with a new album. Unfortunately they are not currently planning to come to London.

It is a fact of life that TMBG shows are always fun and this one was no different. I am not sure I have really followed their music much since about this time which explains why I haven’t seen them live. I think they were touring for Factory Showroom, which I don’t think I own. However, they played all the favorites and had the obligatory conga line. How can you not love a band that will start a conga line?

Since the late 90s TMBG has done many other cool things, expanding into theme songs for shows like Malcom in the Middle, the Simpsons and The Daily Show, collaborating with Dave Eggers and using the web to its full potential with online videos, podcasts and even ringtones. I just downloaded their new album from iTunes so I can catch up with them.

No comments: